nakul Natu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Advisor: Dr. Chris Pollett
Committee Members: Dr. Teoh ,Mr. Anirudha Shinde.
- Studied existing game engine by developing a small game "Flower Picker" using "Crafty".
- Added high score functionality to the game using HTML5 local storage.
- Checked for different ways to give game native app look by connecting data URL and html5 local storage.
| Week 1 - 2:
01/25/2012 - 02/07/2012||CS298 Proposal|
| Week 3:
02/08/2012 - 02/14/2012||Decide game engine spec|
| Week 4 - 5:
02/15/2012 - 02/28/2012||Design and start coding for game engine - Deliverable_1|
| Week 6 - 7:
03/01/2012 - 03/14/2012||Code game engine with some functionality|
| Week 8 -9:
03/15/2012 - 03/28/2012||Finish game engine coding and start testing - Deliverable_2|
| Week 10:
03/29/2012 - 04/11/2012||Create a test game and finish testing - Deliverable_3|
| Week 11 - 12:
04/12/2012 - 04/25/2012||Start writing CS298 report and fix bugs|
| Week 13:
04/26/2012 - 05/02/2012||Finish the report|
| Week 14 - 15:
05/03/2012 - 05/16/2012||Prepare for oral defense and presentation|
- Deliverable_1 : Game engine design document
- Deliverable_3 : Test Game created with the engine
Innovations and Challenges
It will be challenging to take into account different browsers and operating systems while writing the game engine.
- Game created will be accessible same as native app. User will not feel anything different. But it is difficult to connect data URL or bookmarklet to local storage.
[MARK2009] Dive Into HTML5. Mark Pilgrim. http://diveintohtml5.org/. 2009.
[RICK2010] Developing portable mobile web applications. Rick Rogers. Linux Journal Volume 2010 Issue 197. 2010.
[JORG2011] Collaborative framework for browser games development. In proceedings of the 2011 Workshop on Open Source and Design of Communication. 2011
[LMAS1998] RFC2397 : The "data" URL scheme. L. Masinter. IETF. August 1998