- The game object that holds all of our sprites.
- A flag used to toggle more detail in the image. Detail includes background
stars and filling in the asteroids. Turn this off for greater speed.
- The font to use onscreen.
- Size of the offscreen buffer.
- Graphics of the offscreen buffer.
- Image of the offscreen buffer.
- Use this to time how long the updates take. Our initial strategy is
just to force it to stay constant. Later we might try adaptively changing it.
- Flag for whether this is being run as a true applet or simply as an application.
It makes a difference in the loadsounds method.